This set of Tour Tips was written by the St. Louis based singer/songwriter, Brett Allen (AKA Tidewater). You can check out Brett’s tips on how to tour, after the break.
1. Sleep. Do everything and anything in your power to get a sufficient amount of sleep. Failing to do this will affect your performance whether you realize it or not.
2. Eat balanced meals and get your exercise in. Yes, you’ll be pressed for time, and money, so eating decent meals is not always super easy, and its hard to get your workouts in. But, even 20 minutes of cardio every day will greatly benefit you. Also, grocery stores are a great way to avoid fast food and are even cheaper!
3. Clean socks and underwear! You may go weeks without doing laundry, which works with jeans and shirts. Socks and underwear are a different story. Do yourself, your band mates a favor and pack TONS of socks and underwear.
4. Think about chargers. Make sure you and your band mates all have enough chargers and converters to go around. There’s nothing worse than a van full of dead iPhones and one car charger.
5. Make rituals. Whether your staying in hotels, or crashing in the van. Make morning and night time rituals (take care of hygiene, gather your thoughts, etc). This will make you mentally prepared to handle the craziness of life on the road.