This set of Tour Tips was written by the Vancouver based indie rock band, Said The Whale. You can check out their tips for being on the road, after the break.
1. Don’t crash the tour van. Seems pretty obvious, but you’d be surprised how many bands accidentally forget this rule. Crashing the tour van is very dangerous. We try every day to not crash.
2. Don’t let thieves steal your gear. Again, seems obvious, but lots of bands forget this rule, too. We did once, and we’ll never forget it again.
3. Don’t get sick. Pretty straightforward, but super important. Especially if you’re a singer. I used to forget this rule all the time until I started eating a bit healthier and sleeping as much as possible.
4. Don’t drink too much before you play a show. This is a hard rule to remember sometimes, especially when you play cool venues with great beer selections, but you gotta try not to forget this rule! Playing great shows is the whole reason you’re on tour, so try to save the beers till after the show!
5. Don’t be mean to people. TONS of bands forget this rule and they totally come across like divas and douche bags. I’m sure all those bands are actually super nice, if only they weren’t so forgetful!
Did you enjoy these tips for the road? Do you think they would come in handy? Let us know in the comments below!