New York hardcore band, Pro-Pain, have written a set of awesome Tour Tips for you guys to learn from. You can check them out after the break.
1. Always take reliable backup gear…..including extra amps, pedals, snare, cords, cymbals, etc… Think of the “what if’s”, and plan accordingly.
2. Hire at least one stage hand. Good crew is invaluable to any professional band and tour.
3. Pay close attention to your merch. Produce creative designs and styles that people enjoy wearing. Considering the current troubled state of the music industry, merch. sales are becoming all the more important for bands trying to make it.
4. Make sure that your transportation is reliable. If you are traveling via van or motor home, make sure that you have AAA or some other road plan (in case of mechanical trouble). This will increase your chances of making the next gig and preventing a financial meltdown.
5. Safety remains the number one priority of any tour. Drivers must get ample sleep and be clean and sober at all times. Have fun on tour, and be safe!!