Rock band, Only Thieves, have written a set of Tour Tips for you guys to learn from. You can check them out after the break.
1. Road beers can make for a good time (though we don’t condone that sort of behavior, no, no) but get up early if you plan on having some. Pee breaks will be frequent, painful, and make getting to the next town slow going.
2. Gas station sandwiches might seem like a tasty snack in the heat of the moment, but food poisoning puts a damper on any tour.
3. If you or your bandmates end up going off with some locals make sure someone grabs a cell phone charger. Nothing is more difficult than locating a stray member in a strange city when their phone is dead.
4. No toe-stepping. You had your chance, and you blew it. So piss off without getting pissed off.
5. Remember that you’re all in the same shitboat together. Try to practice some goddamn empathy. And from personal experience, getting hammered on whiskey and airing your grievances at three a.m. isn’t going to help anything.