This set of Tour Tips was written by Connor Garritty, the vocalist of the Los Angeles based metal band, All Hail The Yeti. You can check out their tips for being on the road, after the break.
1. Health and Hygiene! Take care of yourself out there. Don’t be “that” band member who’s always sick, stinky and lagging on and off the stage.
2. Make sure your gear is ready for war. Do a complete check of your rig, top to bottom. Nothing worse than having your gear shut down on you!
3. Always check your tour wagon. Fluids, air in the tires, and gas! Got to keep the ship moving to the next show.
4. Keep in touch your loved ones back home. They miss you like crazy, so remember to take time to let em know everything is okay and you’re thinking about them.
5. Have Fun! Long tours can be a bit brutal. Not everything is going to be smooth sailing it’s Rock ‘n Roll. Shit Happens, but keep a positive attitude. Enjoy this time with your brothers and sisters in the band and when you hit the stage, give a 100%. See you on the road!
Did you find these tips useful? Let us know in the comments below!