This new set of Tour Tips comes from Angie Atkinson. She is a Brooklyn based musician that has done her fair share of touring. You can check out her tips after the break.
1. Do whatever is humanly possible to avoid having to buy gas in the Chicago area. $4.65 a gallon is just not the look.
2. Invest in a hat box. There’s nothing sadder than a smashed fedora.
3. The sound tech is your best friend. Find him or her first thing, introduce yourself, and be nice!
4. Follow up every gig with a thank you email. Even if the gig was terrible, say thank you for the opp. The worst thing you can do in this business is burn bridges.
5. I know I said the sound tech is your best friend, but you should have another best friend on tour, and that would your pack of wet wipes. Just sayin’.