Pop punk band, A Loss For Words, have written a set of awesome Tour Tips for you guys to learn from. You can check them out after the break.
1. Eat at grocery stores. Fast food gets old and you will feel like complete trash after a week of French Fries, Burritos, and Pizza. Remember you need your fruits and veggies.
2. Make sure you contact promoters multiple times before you head to the show. I don’t even know how many times we had a show “confirmed” only to show up and the venue is closed, or the show has been cancelled.
3. When you stay with people, clean up after yourself. If you treat their homes like it’s your home they will invite you back the next time you come through. We live off the generosity and kindness of others.
4. If you are first starting out, make friends with bands in other areas. You can trade shows in your hometown for shows in their hometown. This way you can get a following in a new place.
5. Be careful with your money. Don’t take your band money and head to the casino or strip club. It sounds like an amazing time, but gas is expensive and you need to get to the next town. Also, you want to have some cash saved up in case something bad happens, blown tires, transmission failures, etc.