Colours in the Street – CRAZY TOUR STORIES

In this Crazy Tour Stories segment, the electro pop, Colours in the Street, shares one of their stories from being on the road.

Colours in the Street

In this Crazy Tour Stories segment, the electro pop, Colours in the Street, shares one of their stories from being on the road. You can check out the story, after the break.

It was our third tour in Asia, and boy it’s been special. It all started on our very first night with a nasty party in Seoul with a friend from Chicago. After our gig, the guy took us to a restaurant where they serve the local Soju. We had a blast and went to bed way too late considering we left for Beijing the next morning. Most of us couldn’t even walk on our way back to the hotel.
So the next morning we’re in the airport leaving for China, and let me tell you it’s been a real struggle. Not only were we all hangover and in a rush, in a country where no one speaks English, but even security caused us further stress. The guys at the gate would not let us pass, cause they thought we hid something (I guess drugs) in our drummer’s egg shaker. We spent a lot of time convincing them we were not the French Escobars but we managed to get in the plane.
Eventually, we made it to Beijing. Our first night there was really something we could not have expected, as the Embassy took us to a Morrocan restaurant, and then announced us a surprise: we were later going on a super quick mini-tour in the city. The plan was simple, everyone in a van, with guitars only, going to different places to play a single song. We went by restaurants, palaces, punk bars… and that was mental.
The next day in the hotel lobby, we realized one of us had lost his passport at some point. No way he could fly with us to reach our next venue, no way he leaves the city by car, train, or whatever. We were super worried, the situation was desperate. We considered canceling the whole tour, and in the end decided to go with a tiny line up, to play a special show for the night only to buy ourselves some time, leaving a couple of guys in Beijing. We got extremely lucky, as the passport had been lost in a previous flight, and this very plane then went to Guangzhou, the very city where we were playing this day. After a few calls, we picked up the thing from the lost and found, and mailed it to guys sot hey could join us a few days later.
Not only the show we gave that night was good and people seemed to really like it, but the relief was so intense we spent the whole night celebrating in a karaoke tower. We gathered together the next day in another city with the rest of the gang, and from this point, the tour went on without major problems. Well, except Airport companies losing some of our gear, or missing a correspondence because a flight is late. But hey, that’s part of the magic. We’ll never forget these few very intense days.

Keep up with the band on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.